Re: Bits from the DPL (August 2019)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 14:32:10 +0000
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 09:57:38AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > I'd say it is a consensus of those who prioritize participating in this
> > discussion enough to do so, consented to by the rest of the project.
>
> I'm sorry, but I disagree. Silence is not always consent.

^ 100% agreed- silence does not mean consensus/consent

When it comes to things like forcing the use of Debian's Gitlab (& other
topics), I've remained silent because my disagreement was already voiced by
others, with more detailed reasoning than I would have provided.

Am I really expected to add a "me too" response every time I agree with what
someone else took the time to write... making it harder for people with limited
time to follow? This seems especially cruel to those that don't speak English
natively, and those that rely on translation services.

--
Michael Lustfield