Re: Naming of network devices - how to improve it in buster

On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 10:05 +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> You'd have to use BindsTo=sys-subsystem-net-devices-blah.device. But
> BindsTo= and device units are a bit fiddly, see <https://github.com/
> systemd/systemd/issues/4413>.

I had a systemd enthusiast sitting beside me who recommended that.  I
was suspicious after reading the description of BindsTo
in systemd.unit(5).  It makes absolutely no mention of that behaviour.
I thought I was vindicated when it failed.

Now you are telling it was merely buggy code and buddy doco.  That
means latent may have been right.  It's rare, but I guess it had to
happen sometime.