Re: Naming of network devices - how to improve it in buster

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:
>  ❦ 13 juillet 2017 13:55 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> :

>> Yeah, we were using FAI, but I believe that's the basic mechanism we
>> were using and then found a way to use it to generate the udev rule to
>> do persistent naming.

> This is a perfect use case for the new udev. It would have provided you
> with reproducible names on your fleet of hosts without any tweaking.

Right, I'm completely happy with the current behavior.  I have no
objections to the change.  I just also don't particularly care; I've
stopped using ifupdown and am using *.link units for network
configuration, which makes all of this trivial and uninteresting and means
I don't care in the slightest what names are assigned to interfaces.