Re: infinite number of Debian workflows (Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?)

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Use [dgit] to publish your git history, by doing your uploads with
> dgit push.
>
> The root goal is this: Debian should publish the source for all our
> packages, as git branches, in a format that is directly useable by
> ordinary people.

Thanks. That is what I think anyone reading the package description
needs to know; it's context that simply isn't there.

> I would be very happy to hear suggestions for improving the
> descriptions.  Ideally without making them longer.

Making it longer is unavoidable, I think, since the issue as I see it is
the context is missing. So I hope you'll be convinced to add that
context to the package description.

Adding a paragraph like the above one about “the root goal” would be an
excellent start.

--
 \     “Why doesn't Python warn that it's not 100% perfect? Are people |
  `\         just supposed to “know” this, magically?” —Mitya Sirenef, |