Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 01:56:17PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> If (and only if) there would be some momentum for a move to Git neither
> I nor any other member of the Debian Med team will block this.  But for
> the moment I keep on failing to see an advantage only out of the fact
> that "it is possible".

I think the key advantage is lowering the barrier of contribution. Which is
a bit funny how we ended up so - as git is the most painful to use VCS
after tla. But for better or worse, there is now a generation that has
become used to github style use. And if we want avoid Debian becoming an
old grumpy mens club, we have cater for them.

Right now, if you have a minor change - such fixing Homepage: or typo on
definition, it's not as straitforward as submitting a pull request. And
it gets much worse if you want to patch against upstream or build a new
upstream version. Every maintainer has their own preferred workflow which
a new contributor needs to adapt to.

Consolodating around git/pagure could help here.

Riku