Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

Hi,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 02:43:56PM +0200, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> The top 10 teams with packages in SVN are:
>
>     347 Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>

This number contains possibly 150 packages that *could* be migrated -
provided somebody wants to take the time for some unproductive work.
However, we intentionally do packaging of new R CRAN packages in SVN
since in this case packaging is brain dead simple and we keep only the
debian/ dir and not the upstream source in VCS.  This is a sensible and
established workflow and currently there is no short term plan to change
this.

In short:  There is no doubt that Git is the better VCS but spending
developer time simply to switch lots of packages from an old VCS to a
modern one has zero effect on users desktops and has no high priority.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de