Re: pulseaudio related problems....

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:02:56AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Well. You can't blame PulseAudio if you have an .asoundrc in your home
> directory which configures your sound card incorrectly.

I just want to confirm that I have no file ~/.asoundrc in my home dir
and I never had since I have no dea that this file existed (if not some
program might have created this magically).

BTW, besides the "trick" to deinstall pulseaudio if the sound does not
work I learned another trick to remove /var/lib/alsa/asound.state and
restart /etc/init.d/alsa<tab>.  I have no idea whether there is some
strange interconnection.  The mere fact that I know that less about
sound on Linux might tell you that I simply expect things to work and
I'm not willing to debug this (since I seem to be one of the few people
who are able to work without music).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--