Re: pulseaudio related problems....

Le samedi 15 février 2014 à 22:12 +0100, Salvo Tomaselli a écrit :
> Well I am now biased against pulseaudio. But let's look at the facts: it comes
> by default, in the last 3 desktop machines that I've installed, it prevented
> any audio to be heard.
> Am I so unreasonable to think that since it comes by default, it should come
> with a working configuration as well?

The problem is that it is not possible to autodetect everything.

The primary (and AFAIR only) cause of “no sound with PulseAudio” that I
have encountered is that it doesn’t know whether you want to hear sound
over the HDMI output or over the jack. Both appear to the system as two
different devices. So PA just selects one (I haven’t investigated how it
does the choice) and often gets it wrong.

--
 .''`.        Josselin Mouette
: :' :