Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

Le dimanche 16 octobre 2011 à 02:41 +0100, Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> > That's the main one that I'd worry about.  Also overheating warnings, for
> > which even the home user can do something immediately.
>
> The user generally can't even read the warning in time to make a
> decision; the system must handle OOM or over-temperature quickly.

Actually some cases of overheating have to be handled by hardware, since
CPUs can heat so quickly (e.g. in case of a detached cooler) they will
be damaged before they can even switch states. For HDDs or some other
pieces, it would still be interesting.

> However, the user should be notified about that decision, if possible.

Agreed. It would be nice to have a kernel interface to be notified of
such things, since the syslog sounds like a poor way of doing it.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :