Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:46:50PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Le samedi 15 octobre 2011 à 12:36 +0200, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> > > Hell no.  I'd go as far as labelling it a severity:critical bug.
> >
> > Go ahead, reporting bugs doesn’t necessarily get people to give a fuck.
>
> So "causes serious data loss" is no longer RC?  Good to know.

Be reasonable.  This is more like "might increase the risk of worse damage",
after all it also depends on the user being able to act on the notification
in the first place.

> If a daemon thinks a notification is important enough to send a mail to
> root, it most likely is.

Well, if anything logs on emergency and alert levels, it is a bug if it is
*not* important enough to pester all logged users immediately.   It is an
even more clearcut case.

  Henrique Holschuh