Re: RFC: Making mail-transport-agent Priority: optional

Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> writes:

> What would it take to make this change?

Changing the LSB.  Or you need to keep the sendmail interface.  Which is
what mail-transport-agent provides.

>  Have I missed any important points?

You forgot to explain the upside, reason, why, gain, whatever.

>  Would any other packages need changes, other than the ones I've
> mentioned above?

all packages with cron jobs, all 3rd party applications assuming an UNIX
environment, ++

The reasons are all explained in the release notes.

Why not remove syslog as well?  I'm pretty sure there are plenty of end
users never ever looking at a log file.

Bjørn