Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:11:25AM +0100, Thomas Weber wrote:
> > No, the problem is that certain of our French developers *think* that the
> > rest of the world just doesn't understand their French humor and that
> > something has been lost in translation.

> > When the reality is that we understand it just fine, and think they're
> > assholes for it.

> > It's only a cultural difference if you're counting Kindergarten as a
> > "culture".

> I find this strange, given that not too long ago you categorized the
> participants of debian-legal as "wankers".

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/12/msg00174.html

> Joss' messages can be understood as pretty bad humor. Was your message
> above also meant as a joke?

No.  What part of that message would lead you to think I was joking?

> Or do you need to let of some steam here, because such behaviour is
> unacceptable on Ubuntu lists?

There's no ubuntu-legal list infested with leeches who think it's their
business to tell Ubuntu how to interpret its own license requirements
without ever having contributed a line of code to Ubuntu, so I don't think
the analogy holds.