Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2008, 22:51 -0800 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:04:05AM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> > I am really speechless.... The French seem to have a completely
> > different understanding of the English language used in all these
> > matters than almost every one else in the world. I guess it is really
> > time that Joss realizes that what might have been OK to be written in
> > French is considered an insult when written in English to thousands of
> > readers from different cultural backgrounds.
>
> No, the problem is that certain of our French developers *think* that the
> rest of the world just doesn't understand their French humor and that
> something has been lost in translation.
>
> When the reality is that we understand it just fine, and think they're
> assholes for it.
>
> It's only a cultural difference if you're counting Kindergarten as a
> "culture".

I find this strange, given that not too long ago you categorized the
participants of debian-legal as "wankers".

Joss' messages can be understood as pretty bad humor. Was your message
above also meant as a joke?

Or do you need to let of some steam here, because such behaviour is
unacceptable on Ubuntu lists?

	Thomas