Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Friday 19 December 2008 06:28, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> The initial proposition of this thread was this idea of code of conduct..
>  I don't like it either. If you believe someone is being too rude, why
> don't you simply tell it to him, in public or in private ?

http://np237.livejournal.com/20741.html

That method was attempted, the response from Josselin was "I will go on
shocking these people", along with several references to sodomy with a
broomstick and a link to a French web page which (according to Google
translation) has some detail about a sex act concerning a broomstick.  See
the above URL for details.

Obviously simply telling him doesn't work.

The Ubuntu community includes many former and current members of the Debian
community.  It seems that they don't have a problem with the code of conduct.
Why do you think that a code of conduct which works well for Ubuntu would
fail for Debian?

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog