Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:04:05AM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> I am really speechless.... The French seem to have a completely
> different understanding of the English language used in all these
> matters than almost every one else in the world. I guess it is really
> time that Joss realizes that what might have been OK to be written in
> French is considered an insult when written in English to thousands of
> readers from different cultural backgrounds.

No, the problem is that certain of our French developers *think* that the
rest of the world just doesn't understand their French humor and that
something has been lost in translation.

When the reality is that we understand it just fine, and think they're
assholes for it.

It's only a cultural difference if you're counting Kindergarten as a
"culture".