multi-gnome-terminal (was: Re: Considerations for GTK1 removal from Debian)

On Aug 12, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:

> > multi-gnome-terminal
> Already obsolete, IIRC ?
I wish, since it is a buggy POS which does not even support UTF-8 and
has been abandoned long ago by the upstream maintainers.

But it's the only terminal which I am really comfortable using since I
have not found another one supporting the same features:
- support for bitmap fonts at large sizes (at least on my system,
  gnome-terminal does not support anymore Neep at 24 points)
- support for multiple tabs without wasting vertical space for a tabs bar
- being very fast

--
ciao,
Marco