Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Don Armstrong wrote:
> If they don't enable core dumps in the default config, the backtraces
> aren't going to be terribly useful (or may not even exist), right?
> Then the -dbg packages aren't going to help much either.

 Do you suggest that running gdb on a core dumps makes backtraces nicer?
 Currently, most backtraces we get are either generated by running the
 application from gdb and reproducing the bug or running a segv handler
 such as libgnomeui's (which spawns bug-buddy or debreaper IIRC).

--
Loïc Minier