Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On 8/1/07, Reinhard Tartler <siretart@debian.org> wrote:
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:
>
> (...)
> > I tried the sample commands and apt wanted to add HALF A GIGABYTE of
> > unnecessary stuff!!! Others may consider hard disc space cheap but, in
> > truth, hard disc space is not infinite.
> >
> > Please, please, please, reconsider.
>
> Please stop whining and start contributing. E.g. by filing bugs against
> package (and possibly NMU them) that abuse the Recommends relationship.

I would like to point out that pkg-gnome team already fixed the
gnome-dbg related Recommends in svn; for those with
gnome-desktop-environment installed if it was October 1st, it would
install all the debug enabled packages. Lots of people using GNOME
will see half a gigabyte results that will mean nothing once apt
development team do the change they're planning.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com
get debian @ http://get.debian.net/