Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Sorry, what do you mean to say here?  Are you claiming that having debug
> packages in Recommends: is somehow a "fix"?  I'm quite sure that doesn't fit
> the Policy definition of Recommends -- debugging applications is not at all
> relevant to the common case, the common case should be that applications
> don't need debugged. ;)

 In March, Josselin made gnome depend on gnome-dbg and
 gnome-desktop-environment recommend gnome-dbg in order to receive
 meaningful backtraces from people running unstable or testing -- this
 would have been reverted before the release.

 Now, in SVN, gnome-desktop-environment only suggests gnome-dbg and
 gnome only recommends it.  I suppose gnome won't recommend it in the
 final stable release.

--
Loïc Minier