Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hmm.  I would argue that gnome shouldn't recommend gnome-dbg either,
> according to policy.

 I'm disturbed by this too, but -- as I clarified on IRC -- I think
 there's a conflict of interests between getting more meaningful
 backtraces in average (and hence improving the quality of Debian before
 the release / saving ourself a message to bug submitters) and
 testing/sid users as first class users and hence respecting policy
 during the full release cycle.  (My understanding is that the -dbg
 recommend would have been dropped before the release.)

--
Loïc Minier