Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Carl Fürstenberg wrote:
> Before, after a lot of trials and errors, I did manage to get
> reportbug working, but I still get angry now and then, especially
> when I choose a wrong option, as I don't know how to undo it, I must
> exit the program and begin from scratch again.

You can actually change any of the things it asks you when you're
editing the bug report before it is sent out; if you mean
configuration questions, in general you should have to change any of
them.

When the RT ticket about opening the submit port on rietz is competed,
you won't even have to worry about your ISP blocking 25.

> Other thing I feel cumbersome, is that it's difficult to get a good
> look at the progress of a bug, as you have to step through each
> entry of a report,

The best place to see the progress of a bug is to look at
http://bugs.debian.org/bugnum;

> Also, is there an easy way to respond to a bug in reportbug, or
> should I always send a plain email instead for that?

Yes, reportbug has the option of responding to a bug report instead of
submitting a new one, but you can send a plain e-mail if you want too.
Whatever is easier for you.

Don Armstrong

--
Three little words. (In decending order of importance.)
love