Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

>> When others say that they *do* find those
>> entries useful, you say that well, we're not the important users, and
>> our use of those menu entries is irrelevant, and we can work around the
>> inconvenience.
>
> Well, if the maintainers have the extra burden to support two distinct
> menu systems, I'd understand their will to only support the one that
> works best.

That's obviously a criterion which won't help, since people have
different opinions about which works best.

But it's actually an argument for better interoperability between both,
i.e. better creation of .desktop files from menu and vice versa.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)