Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On 13-Jul-07, 19:26 (CDT), Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 13 juillet 2007 ? 17:16 -0700, Steve Langasek a ?crit :
> > > Oh my. Do you mean that in the 90 window managers shipped in Debian,
> > > none of them is suitable for all your needs and that you have to use
> > > *several* ones depending on the moment?
> >
> > Unix systems have supported selecting window managers on-the-fly for years
> > before Debian did it.  Why does one extra entry for a submenu offend you so?
>
> I'm wondering what is the use case for that entry.

So I can try a new window manager without restarting my xsession.

So J. Random User can easily see what window managers are available.

Not everybody thinks GNOME and KDE are the epitome of desktop management.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net