Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On 16-Jul-07, 12:57 (CDT), Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Le lundi 16 juillet 2007 ? 12:25 -0500, Steve Greenland a ?crit :
> > So I can try a new window manager without restarting my xsession.
>
> Does your job include daily window manager testing?

No. But anything I use daily gets its own icon on the application bar.
Right now the entries are rxvt, emacs, iceweasel, jpilot, trn, and
sonata. Oh, and a new mail detector hooked up to mutt.

By your argument, I'd say we don't need any menu entries at all.

> > So J. Random User can easily see what window managers are available.
>
> Some of the users we target don't even know what a window manager is,
> and they don't want to know it.

Some of the users we target don't use any desktop environment, running
headless servers. So let's remove KDE and GNOME.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net