Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Le vendredi 13 juillet 2007 à 17:16 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > Oh my. Do you mean that in the 90 window managers shipped in Debian,
> > none of them is suitable for all your needs and that you have to use
> > *several* ones depending on the moment?
>
> Unix systems have supported selecting window managers on-the-fly for years
> before Debian did it.  Why does one extra entry for a submenu offend you so?

I'm wondering what is the use case for that entry.

> If a user submits a bug that requires a different wm to reproduce than the
> one you normally use, isn't it nice to be able to switch wms for testing
> without having to log out or start a second X session?

I can imagine someone dealing with such a case (although I'd personally
start a new session to better match the user's environment) but I don't
think this justifies adding these entries to all users' menus.

--
 .''`.