Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 01:06:05AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > > A menu entry for each window manager? WTF? We can select them from the
> > > display manager now.

> > Some of us like to change WMs without closing our 50 xterms. This is a
> > very nice feature of the current system, actually.

> Oh my. Do you mean that in the 90 window managers shipped in Debian,
> none of them is suitable for all your needs and that you have to use
> *several* ones depending on the moment?

Unix systems have supported selecting window managers on-the-fly for years
before Debian did it.  Why does one extra entry for a submenu offend you so?

If a user submits a bug that requires a different wm to reproduce than the
one you normally use, isn't it nice to be able to switch wms for testing
without having to log out or start a second X session?