Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On 15-Jul-07, 07:17 (CDT), Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> The fact this is the best way to implement this feature doesn't make it
> less frivolous.
>
> > <sarkasm>
> > How about next suggesting to remove all modules for hardware less than
> > 10% of users have? That would help much to not clobber the kernel
> > image
> > packages.
> > </sarkasm>
>
> Kernel modules don't clutter the user interface.

But all those KDE packages clutter my usage of aptitude. So do the
windowmaker packages. And all those damn perl packages.

Just because *you* don't use something doesn't make it unimportant. One
of the big values of Debian is a long time tolerance and support of a
variety of users and use patterns, even those that are non-mainstream.
If you find the Debian menu to be clutter, fine. Ignore it, or change
the configuration to skip it.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland