Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

#include <hallo.h>
* Josselin Mouette [Sat, Jul 14 2007, 02:26:55AM]:
> Le vendredi 13 juillet 2007 à 17:16 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > > Oh my. Do you mean that in the 90 window managers shipped in Debian,
> > > none of them is suitable for all your needs and that you have to use
> > > *several* ones depending on the moment?
> >
> > Unix systems have supported selecting window managers on-the-fly for years
> > before Debian did it.  Why does one extra entry for a submenu offend you so?
>
> I'm wondering what is the use case for that entry.

Changing another WM on-the-fly when letting somebody use your PC,
without restarting the whole X session? Testing other WMs? The fact you
are not imagining any use cases does not mean that such ones do not exist.

> I can imagine someone dealing with such a case (although I'd personally
> start a new session to better match the user's environment) but I don't
> think this justifies adding these entries to all users' menus.

If you don't like seeing them, move them to the Settings submenu.

Eduard.

--
<Joey_> Weasel: schreib mal da hinein, daß ich im IRC immer
	so schroff bin und nur auf die Türen zeige, öffnen