Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

    Russ> I'm dubious that's really the main reason for the NEW queue.
    Russ> Looking at <http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html>,
    Russ> the ftpmasters check a lot more than that.  In addition,
    Russ> they also verify licensing issues.  I consider that check to
    Russ> be an integral part of the Debian QA process and wouldn't
    Russ> want to do without it.

It which case, why do packages that a new but with known source appear
in NEW? Surely the fact the source code is in Debian would imply that
the ftpmasters have already checked the licensing, legal issues, and
other things?

In contrast it is possible to upload packages containing new upstream
source code (but no new packages) that has no manual checking.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>