Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

[Martin F Krafft]
> The mirror split is a complicated endeavour. From what I understood,
> the NEW queue was put on hold on purpose until the split is
> complete.

Ouch.  If that is true, I hope ftpmasters will announce it to the
developers, as a blocked NEW hinders development of Debian and should
not we a surprise.  An announcement would at least give us some idea
on when the NEW holding will end, and let us plan ahead.

It blocks my development at least, as I normally want to make sure one
level of dependencies are in the archive and doing well before I move
on and upload the next level of dependencies.  Blocked NEW stops all
progress in this case, and I spend time on other things while I wait.