Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> writes:

> I do not consider an IP address that is allocated by DHCP to be static.

Ok, so given that definition (I don't care much about the definition;
I'm not interested in the semantics), how do you propose that anyone
could ever determine remotely whether an IP address was allocated by
DHCP or not (other than by having the ISP tell you, of course, though
even that might not do the trick: some people have a static IP
address, but the ISP has also helpfully arranged for them to get a
DHCP reply that provides that address)?

Thomas