Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:36:20PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> writes:
>
> > And I have already indicated to you that I have no interest in arguing
> > semantics with you.  If your ISP has told you that you have a static IP and
> > you are being blocked by people using dynamic-IP DNSBL's, then you have a
> > legitimate beef with your ISP.
>
> Huh?  A static-IP is an IP that doesn't change.  It is not an IP that
> is promised not to be on somebody else's list of "dynamic IP
> addresses", unless my ISP actually told them that it was dynamic.

I do not consider an IP address that is allocated by DHCP to be static.

A static IP address is configured as such in your network interface
properties.  In other words, in Debian it would be an IP address in a stanza
that starts with "iface <interface> inet static", or in Windows, it would be
an IP address that you enter manually after clicking "Use the following IP
address".

--Adam