Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:50:43AM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I never encountered this problem when I was on dial-up.  With my
> previous ADSL ISP (whose mail servers were utterly unreliable), I
> found that I was intermittently being blocked by AOL and Sourceforget
> for being "trespass spam" and on the "dial-up list".  I have found
> only one person blocking my current ADSL provider[1] (who not only
> seem capable of running decent mail relays which filter spam passing
> through than and even *gasp* deliver mail on time; but also provide
> static IPs to all their customers).  Since I am the primary (and only)
> MX for my domain, I see no reason why I should not be sending mail
> directly from my home mail server.

If you have a static IP, there's no reason you shouldn't.  You probably won't
end up on any dynamic IP blacklists, and if you do, it should be easy to get
removed.  Your situation is much different than someone running Linux who
is dialing into the same IP pool that a bunch of worm-infected windows
spambots are using.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>