Re: Spam in the lists out of control

Scripsit Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>

> If we implement a moderation scheme, would people who post to the lists
> regularly but are not subscribed be willing to subscribe to the whitelist if
> they knew that by doing so they are helping the moderators?

Perhaps. I also imagine that a sizeable fraction would deliberately
*not* whitelist themselves because the extra work serves us better for
deciding not to behave like an open project anymore.

Also, I'm not talking about "people who post to the list
regularly". I'm talking about people who have something relevant to
say (which we don't want to miss) in a single isolated discussion.

--
Henning Makholm                        "They have a word for people our age.
                              They call us children and treat us like mice."