Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 10:37:00PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Another list that I'm on requires subscription to the list, and
> subscription to a seperate post-access list, eg:
> debian-devel (subscription for receiving the list)
> debian-devel-post (subscription for posting rights)

I assume you are talking about NANOG.  That mechanism only exists so that
the nanog "powers that be" can suspend people's posting privileges.

Anyone who is subscribed to a list should be able to post to it.  If
additional people want to post to a list without subscribing it should be
fairly trivial to add them to a whitelist.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>