Re: Spam in the lists out of control

Scripsit Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>
> On Wed, 12 May 2004, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > This would, over time, harm Debian much more than it will that we
> > people inside occasionally have to spend a few seconds skipping over
> > spam on the lists.

> A few seconds multiplied by several thousand subscribers, and not
> occasionally, but daily. The cost of spam should not be underestimated.

You apparently overestimate it if you think it is worse than the cost
of pissing off upstream authors, prospective helpers and developers,
and therefor missing out on valuable technical information.

--
Henning Makholm         "We cannot time-travel in this dimension. Everything
                     is arranged differently, and they use different plugs."