Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 08:13:46PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> We can change list policy now and require people to subscribe or
> register to the white list for they to be able to post, or we can
> [...]

Sounds like a fairly sensible solution to me.

Another list that I'm on requires subscription to the list, and
subscription to a seperate post-access list, eg:
debian-devel (subscription for receiving the list)
debian-devel-post (subscription for posting rights)

However, this may cause problems with the newsgroups, unless posts to
the newsgroups aren't copied to the list (it's been a while since I used
usenet).

Regards,
Neil McGovern
Q. Why is top posting bad?