Re: Services I'd like from auric

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 09:20:03AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Assuming the latter; most of the stuff you can do by accessing auric is
> > a matter of convenience, rather than liberty. The easiest way to tell is
> > whether you can do the same thing without logging into auric. "madison"
> > can be done by poking through Packages files on gluck or other mirrors;
> Comparing source and package versions, however, is a lot easier and
> faster when done using madison.

Sure, convenience is a good thing. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

> > forking Debian can be done by getting code from CVS,
> Some CVS-code isn't up-to-date with the actual versions used on auric
> (e.g., that for wanna-build)

The testing scripts aren't either; stuff's available from

	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_out/
and
	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/

in the meantime.

> > There's stuff that can't be done -- eg, checking .changes files in the NEW
> > queue, editing hints files, and grokking through the projectb database --
> > but those aren't terribly urgent, and are bugs, not features.
> Maybe from your POV.

Uh, I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant the fact that they're
not possible anymore is the bug, not that they were possible in the
first place.

But otherwise, it's the project's POV that matters, not mine or yours
in particular.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.