Re: Services I'd like from auric

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:15:33PM +0100, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> Restricting the access to auric on the long term is a clear vote of no
> confidence against any Debian developer with an account in LDAP DB

You seem to consistently use rather strong language... I wouldn't be
surprised if this turned away any -admin members from even discussing it.

And to answer that, yes, that's right, it's a vote of no confidence.
There's nothing wrong with avoiding the situation where one has to trust a
thousand people in favor of the situation where one has to trust a handful
of them. Better yet, make that a O(thousand) possible sets of circumstances.

> However, you need to understand (and accept) that for others information
> from auric may be essential in order to get the tasks done they got done
> so far.

Okay, if you say so, I guess this really disables you from doing something
useful, but I still don't see why you have to generalize and can't instead
simply ask for yourself (and whoever else is in on this thing) to be given
access to the data?

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.