Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> > Hmm, are you aware that long living releases are exactly what enterprises
> > regard as an advantage and that this would support your "Enterprise-only-idea"?
> Two-three years? No way!
I recently upgraded two Potato boxes to Woody.

> > BTW, feel free to ignore the Custom Distributions approach which tries to
> > cope with the size of Debian for certain tasks.
> I don't. I think they are wonderfull, and exactly what's needed. But for the
> server side of the enterprise, all that should be supplied by Debian GNU/Linux.
> All the currently existing derivates of Debian GNU/Linux is for the end-user,
> and that's fine.
Once people.d.o is available again please read

twice and decide whether you are ignoring Custom Distributions when writing
paragraphs like the one above.

Kind regards

Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)