Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 05:32:45PM +0100, Eike zyro Sauer wrote:
> Tom schrieb:
> > It means you are intentionally causing disruption for the
> > express purpose of disrputing society -- and that is a right you DO NOT
> > have.
>
> Nothing is disrupted if nothing is scanning my email.
> I don't favour a society reading my emails.
>
> It's totally different from the cinema "example".
> I do favour cinemas and I do favour people screming if a fire broke out.
>
> > We have a saying: "Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose."
>
> Very right.
>
> > You are forcing me to go along with something I don't believe in.  It's
> > very rude.
>
> How are you "going along with" that?
> You are the receiver, not the sender of the email.
> If someone is visiting you looking for bombs,
> blame them, not me.

Let's say for the sake of argument I don't believe in drug laws (I
don't).  Would I be justified in leaving a bag of coke on your lawn and
to call the cops saying: "I think you should really be on the lookout in
that neighborhood."

The question of whether or not it is okay to intentionally cause others
to be the subject of surveillance is completely separate from whether or
not that surveillance is legal, or scary.

So I don't support Echelon nor do I support anyone's intentional efforts
to make me a target of Echelon.  The first half dozen times the .SIG I
thought "boy, that guy sure is making a statement" then I realized :
he's making a statement for me too!

Send those bits to people who want to get them.  At best its spam.

But this is a flamewar, and I will make no further responses nor read
any further responses, because I tend to get out of hand on this list
:-)