Re: Debian IS for the enterprise

Quoting Daniel Martin <fizbin@debian.org>:

> The thing that makes Debian unique and not JALD (Just Another Linux
> Distribution) is, in my experience, our strict adherence to the DFSG,
> as guided by the Debian Social Contract.  Debian is different from
> other distributions the way that the FSF is different from other
> organizations that make free software - Debian is a *philosophy*.

Rubbish. Debian GNU/Linux of today is a distribution which will package
ANYTHING as long as it's DFSG. Other than that, we're becoming more and
more a JALD as you niceley put it.

There's nothing special about Debian GNU/Linux any more. It's not that
more stable, upgrades isn't that much better, but most of all 'our support
for (some) new hardware really stink!'. Woody is just way to old to be
the perfect (server) OS.
--
Qaddafi ammonium assassination Delta Force Iran Kennedy Albanian
tritium fissionable pits smuggle Clinton Rule Psix 747 security