Re: Freeze Please?

At Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:05:11 +0100,
Florian Lohoff wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:48:23AM +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:47:13PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> >
> > > Moreover, m68k is too slow to develop.  It's another problem.
> > >
> > > In addition, it's not only m68k but also mips/mipsel, arm, ...
> > > Especially, there are not developer's machine for mips/mipsel.  If you
> > > want to drop m68k, I think we should drop mips/mipsel in first, not
> > > m68k (I'm sorry for mips/mipsel maintainers, who are working greatly,
> > > but it's true that there are no mips/mipsel machine!).
> >
> > There are machines for mips and mipsel; they are just not "official" Debian
> > systems maintained by the Debian system administration team. Please take a
> > look at http://www.debian.org/ports/mips for a list. Florian Lohoff
> > (flo@debian.org) hosts the mips and mipsel autobuilders and some machines
> > available for interactive logins. In case a Debian developer needs an
> > account on a mips/mipsel system, just ask him (or in case he is not
> > available, me) for a account. The mips and mipsel autobuilders are keeping
> > up quite well, so building speed is not a problem on mips and mipsel.

Oh I didn't look at this page.  There are some machine for mips/mipsel.

> The plan was to one day change a mips and a mipsel machine for "public"
> login by debian members. I just didnt get around to hand over to the
> debian-sysadmin team.
>
> We do have 2 mipsel and 2 mips machines up and running. As these are not
> the fastest machines sometimes all 4 are running the autobuilders.
> At least for mips i might be able to provide another machine.

I would like to login to mips/mipsel machine to check glibc.  BTW,
it's nice that mips/mipsel machine recorded as "public machine" for
the benefit of all debian developers.

I hope if we release an architecture as public release, at least one
machine on the architecture should be enbale to login for all debian
developers...  If you get a message like "This package does not work
on this architecture", and you can't login such architecture, how to
deal with...?

Regards,
-- gotom