[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Freeze Please?

I seem to remember the project coordinator saying that Sarge wouldn't be
released until the installer was finished.

Also, if the new libc6 is going to cause all kinda of trouble, maybe it
would be better to release Sarge before we have to deal with that.  Just
a though.

The only thing that would bother me if Sarge was released in it's
current state is that most users expect a modern distributions to have
gnome2 (at lease 2.2 preferred) and Kde 3, which we aren't quite ready
for in testing.

Personally I would like to move all my servers and workstations over to
Sarge (I already grab from it here and there), but I'm happy to wait
until it's truly ready.


On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:08, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> Been quite a while since the last major release.
> Many major components of the system have been substantially upgraded.
> Testing is working quite well, both the dist and the process.
> Everyone is back from winter vacation and settled in.
> Shouldn't we be starting to freeze?
> As I recall there's going to be a long staggered freeze process this
> time, so application-level packages will continue being updated long
> after the freeze starts.
> (Okay, I know libc6 is in trouble with no light at the end of the
> tunnel.  Is it worth holding up the release?  Release Manger, raise
> our spirits!)

Reply to: