Re: We should not be just package maintainers to make Debian grow

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 03:50, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:42:48AM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > for example, try to make the package's pages (packages.debian.org/package)
> > show the copyright/changelog file for the package... that's a must do
> Shouldn't this be trivial now that the periodic lintian runs are happening
> again?
I agree. We can make lintian reports weekly and mail its result not only
to a package's maintaner but also to other people: 1 or 2 for small
packages, 3 to 10 for big one; let's call this people "package's carer"
(pleas forgive my horrible english..... I meant person who take care of
the package). This way we can become more and more conscious of the
problems and the needs of every package.

Perhaps this is just too much. I'm going to make lintian webpage my
homepage.... I think it's a good start