Re: adopting adrian's 2.4.x packages (was: Retiring from Debian)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:01:55PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> so i have entered the NM process and am short of being one of the
> team. and even though i have about 8 packages to upload, i'd think
> that i could use my efforts differently towards the woody freeze.
> should i just browse the bts and patch whereever i can? what are RC
> bugs? how do i select the higher priority packages, those that are
> more important to woody's release?

The problem with the NM process is that it's likely to take longer than
the woody release process.  I'm only half joking.

The thing is, though, you can certainly help a lot without being able to
directly upload packages.  If you fix a bug, contact the package
maintainer.  If they're not responsive, post something here, and maybe
somebody will NMU the package for you.

Check http://base.debian.net and http://standard.debian.net for reports
on the status of bugs that need fixing.