Re: adopting adrian's 2.4.x packages (was: Retiring from Debian)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 11:59:21AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> i have contacted Adrian and would be willing to take over the
> packages, after sitting with him in the hope that he will quickly fill
> me in on the intricacies of being the 2.4.x package maintainer.
>
> are there any objections from the list?

I certainly don't object, but I think the effort may be somewhat
misplaced.  What *needs* to happen now is not unofficial propping up of
an decrepit Debian release, but the completion of a brand new one that
is up to date and useful.

Personally, I think it would have been worth it to channel the efforts
behind Adrians packages, and the Xfree86 4 for potato packages, into a
potato-and-a-half release or something like that.  The packages were
there, and the quality was there.  Maybe it's too late for that now, in
which case we have to focus on woody rather than potato.

noah