Re: We should not be just package maintainers to make Debian grow

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:01:42PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> what you are proposing is that we have someone telling people what to do
> and that won't work in a so huge project

I got the impression he was asking for a page listing work that needs
to be done; someone can care about quality a lot and have some spare
cycles they'd like to donate to debian, but they don't know where to
start.

Personally I don't feel I have time to be a full-time maintainer. I'm
no C expert, so I often feel out of place on d-devel.  I do work in the
software industry, so I think I understand some of the issues.  I've
used debian for years, worked as a sysadmin and network engineer for
many years, etc.  If there were a list of "to-dos" somewhere I'd be
more likely to spend a weekend working on some of it.  I'd like to
help out somehow.

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.