Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:41:24AM -0500, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > as for including other's in the Mail-Followup-To mutt only does this
> > if those users had used `lists' instead of `subscribe' indicating they
> > WANT to be CCed.
>
> There must be a bug in it somewhere, then, because I often see people getting
> added to Mail-Followup-To that shouldn't be there.  In fact, I personally
> have been added to Mail-Followup-To by other Mutt users, and I don't use the
> lists command at all.

in that case there would be something funny going on, here is my
theory:

you post to list, you M-F-To: is set to only the list

someone (Mr-Broken) with broken mailer uses reply-to-all which CCs you
anyway ignoring M-F-To.

mutt user uses list-reply to Mr-Broken's post, mutt sees you were CCed
and assumes you should be included since there is no M-F-To header.
mutt then sets the M-F-To header to include you for the benifit of
later list-replies.

if this is the case the solution is fixing broken mailers, many of
them are Free software so why have patches to support M-F-To not been
made?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/