Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:15:42PM -0500, D-Man wrote:
> Try mutt and its "L" command.  The "L" command means "list-reply", aka
> only send a message to the list, not to all recepients.  It also sets
> a header flag so that other well-behaved MUA's don't send you an extra
> copy of their replies since you will get it on the list anyway.

Not exactly.  List-reply sends a reply to the list and any other people
listed in Mail-Followup-To.  The thing that bugs me about this is that mutt
often adds other list-readers' e-mail addresses to Mail-Followup-To,
effectively rendering this feature useless.

I don't personally believe that munging reply-to is a good idea on a list
this large.  In general it causes more problems than it solves.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <adam-sig@flounder.net> | "No matter how much it changes,
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   |  technology's just a bunch of wires